The Aerospace Technology Institute sits at the centre of UK aerospace research and technology. It is responsible for the UK’s Aerospace Technology Strategy and development of a national R&T investment presently worth over £4 billion through to 2031. It is a truly game-changing initiative, whose objective is to reduce aviation’s environmental impact through providing thought leadership on all aspects on the future of flight and through funding research projects that secure jobs, maintain skills, and deliver economic benefits across the UK.
The importance of aerospace to the UK cannot be overstated. The UK is Europe’s number one aerospace manufacturer, second globally only to the United States. The industry is a major driver of economic prosperity through leading edge technology, high-wage jobs, and high-value exports. The industry is resilient and growing at over 4.5% each year. These reasons are the basis for government investment and a coordinated effort to position the UK for success.
A small and young company charged with a big responsibility, the ATI encourages free thinking and innovation. We need individuals with drive, passion, ability to adapt and work flexibly, and who share our ambitions for the sector and UK. Our team is collaborative, open, respectful, positive, and supportive.
Transforming aerospace through technology and innovation.
Diversity & inclusion
We are experts in our field, trusted to be impartial in our activities, and present a fair and independent view. We are passionate about innovation and technology and understand the rewards of bringing together a diverse and forward-thinking team to explore, enhance and shape our aerospace agenda. We are committed to equality in everything we do. We are proud to lead by example, demonstrating independent leadership and collaborating for success in all aspects of our work.
Position Title: Programme Administrator
Job Type: Permanent
Travel: As required
Reporting to: Strategic Portfolio Manager
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the Strategy and Delivery team in the ATI. You will be working in a highly experienced diverse team to create R&T strategies that position the UK as a global leader on the path to achieving net zero in the aerospace sector by 2050.
In partnership with the Department for Business and Trade (DBT) and Innovate UK (IUK), the ATI Programme represents to date a £3.2 billion joint government and industry investment to maintain and grow the UK’s competitive position in civil aerospace.
The candidate will have the opportunity to contribute to the delivery and implementation of the ATI funding programmes across the organisation. In addition to gaining a bird’s-eye view of the UK aerospace industry, cutting-edge technology and exposure to the workings at all levels within industry and government organisations, this is an excellent opportunity to acquire programme delivery experience in a complex multi-partner funding programme.
Effective collaboration with colleagues within the ATI team and across our programme partners will be a critical aspect of this role.
We are seeking a highly organised individual with excellent interpersonal and project management skills, and welcome applications from professionals who have ambition to develop and progress their career in programme management. The ability to manage a busy workload with conflicting priorities is essential to deliver an effective and high-quality service.
Core responsibilities include:
- Supporting the strategy management team in all aspects of the ATI funding programmes, such as planning, delivery and development of processes in the programme lifecycle.
- Identify, develop and implement improvements to current processes to support ATI’s continuous improvement objectives.
- Coordinate the planning and organisation of the programme governance such as key programme dates, workshops, programme boards etc.
- Supporting the Strategic Portfolio Manager in applying the agreed programme governance arrangements and meetings.
- Data mining and analysis, to monitor the delivery of programme KPIs, metrics and statistics to measure the impact of the ATI Programme for internal/external communication.
- Organisation and maintaining programme documentation and information assets on the appropriate and agreed team collaboration site.
- Supporting the delivery of business objectives pertaining to the ATI portfolio and programme management.
- Maintaining a good understanding of the status of the activities within the programmes and following up on actions, ensuring timely and effective delivery.
- Developing case studies from our R&T portfolio, to demonstrate the UK’s aerospace technology economic value. This will involve engagement with colleagues across the UK industry and learning first-hand about the cutting-edge technologies being developed.
- Any other duties appropriate to the role identified by the line manager.
Essential skills, knowledge, and experience:
- Experience of programme/project process development and implementation.
- Experience in a complex programme management environment.
- Strong organisation, planning and prioritisation skills across concurrent projects, consistently proactive and forward-thinking.
- Strong ability to liaise, communicate and build working relationships across a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to respond to new needs and issues, bringing a positive ‘can do’ attitude in the face of challenges.
- Ability to work independently, demonstrating a high level of flexibility and innovation, whilst also able to work in a team environment, supporting colleagues and sharing expertise.
- Proven advanced analytical and problem-solving capability.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent IT skills, including experience using MS Office (particularly Excel).
Desirable skills, knowledge and experience:
- Understanding of programme management lifecycles, practices, processes and the associated outputs.
- Breadth of vision to identify opportunities for improvement activities.
- Degree or equivalent (Prince2 Foundation and/or Practitioner desirable)
Candidates must have the right to work in the UK.
- Competitive salary
- Attractive pension scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Life Assurance
- Professional development training
- Paid membership to one professional body per year
- Hybrid working, including core hours.
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays and additional Christmas leave
- Company Maternity & Paternity Pay
- 30 days Company Sick Pay
Assignment process and timeline
Short-listed applicants will go through a two-stage interview process with the ATI. Applicants should submit a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date is Friday 8th December 2023.
For more information on this vacancy, please contact email@example.com.