About the role
We are looking for a highly capable Technologist to join our aerospace technology team.
This is a unique opportunity to join an organisation that is leading the strategic direction of the UK aerospace sector. This role will enable the successful candidate to build an in-depth knowledge of how the industry operates, enhancing their future prospects and delivering real impact for the UK industry.
As a Technologist within our team, you will be responsible for building our technical capabilities, working with our external networks and supporting the delivery of our mission-critical workshops.
You will work with industry, research centres and academia and you will have a hands-on role encouraging the creation of consortia that with joint external funding will deliver the research and technology programmes of the Technology Strategy for UK plc. You will support the development of road maps which form the critical content of the technology strategy ensuring that technology developments are linked to products, manufacturing and market opportunities.
Through your analytical work and insight into some of our strategic technology areas, you will play a key role in developing technical capabilities that impact the technology strategy and influence our stakeholders, who include tier one OEMs and their supply chains, SME technology providers, research specialists and academia.
The ATI’s Whole Aircraft team develops and applies leading aircraft conceptual design tools to define the technology requirements for the ATI’s technology strategy and to evaluate the whole aircraft benefits of technologies identified by the strategy. This will be a unique opportunity for highly motiated individuals to grow their whole aircraft design knowledge and to work with the UK’s aerospace companies and universities to develop capability in this key area. Full training and support in the ATI modelling toolset will be provided.
- Support the development of whole aircraft modelling approaches and toolset
- Support the assessment of the technical and economic benefits of technologies from ATI Programmes using the ATI models
- Support the assessment of ATI Programme funding applications in partnership with UK Government departments and agencies
You will be a self-starter with great energy, a drive to deliver and a real passion for your work.
You will be an engineering, physical sciences or mathematics graduate, currently or recently engaged in technical capacity within the aerospace sector.
You will possess a broad view of the research and technology developments that are likely to drive the future aircraft technology innovation. You may have demonstrated capability in one or more of the following areas:
- Aircraft conceptual design and use of related tools and techniques
- Aircraft engine performance and propulsion system modelling
- Civil aircraft cost modelling
- Competence in MATLAB is desirable.
You will demonstrate the following personal qualities:
- Critical thinker with good attention to detail and the ability to see the bigger picture
- Passion for technology innovation
- Self-starter with energy and drive to deliver
- Comfortable with a high level of ambiguity
- Ability to follow processes and to think creatively
- Good networker
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- This is a role that will enable you to engage directly with a range of stakeholders and to use your communication skills and technical knowledge to inform ATI decision making.
We offer a competitive reward package that will be commensurate with the capabilities of the successful candidate.
Apply via email
Please email your CV and expression of interest to: email@example.com
Candidates must have the right to work in the UK.