About this opportunity
The UK is home to a vibrant ecosystem of climate pioneers and innovative green industries, each with a critical role to play in solving the climate crisis. The UK Government is looking for examples of home-grown UK innovations, solutions and services that help combat global climate change challenges to profile at COP28.
The UK Government is seeking UK organisations to showcase their exportable clean and green services and products, contributing digital and/or physical assets to the UK Pavilion.
- Present outstanding, unique, or technological, market-ready innovations via engaging digital or physical assets, ready for display.
- Align with one or more of the following themes:
- Energy & Sector Transition: Acceleration of global sectoral decarbonisation through energy transition is critical to peak emissions early and meet the 1.5°C target. Solutions lie across renewable energy including new nuclear, intelligent grids, low carbon transport, low carbon heat and industrial and urban decarbonisation.
- Adaptation & Resilience: Successful adaptation and resilience require an interconnected systems solution to effectively adapt to longer-term climate change and short-term extreme weather, both now and in the future. This includes a range of solutions and technologies from setting up early warning systems for extreme weather conditions, building sustainable flood defences, sustainable cooling solutions, locally led adaptation actions, and helping farmers provide resilient food systems in changing environments.
- Forests & Nature: A quarter of global emissions come from deforestation and changes in land use. We are losing carbon rich and biodiverse habitats around the world faster than ever before, putting more than 1 million species at risk of extinction, with wider risks to global food production, economic prosperity, resource security and health. Business solutions that halt and reverse forest loss and drive the implementation of the Global Biodiversity Framework through forest economics, driving sustainable supply chains, and delivering nature-based solutions are required.
- Green Finance: Private investment will be crucial to delivering net zero, building climate resilience and supporting nature’s recovery including through innovation in FinTech solutions and services, nature-based investing and voluntary carbon markets.
Applications are particularly welcomed from:
- Small to medium-size businesses and organisations.
- Organisations led by under-represented groups.
- Organisations with strong climate credentials.
- Organisations that are interested in exporting.
- Organisations that have not had the opportunity to be part of DBT’s showcase at COP before.
Applications will be open from 18th July 2023 – 18th August 2023.
For more information, eligibility criteria and how to register please click here.
If you have any questions on showcasing, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org